Happy 2023! The new year is upon us, and with it comes a chance to reset and refocus on your goals. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 12 months? And how are you planning to turn those goals into your reality? It’s time to talk about New Year’s resolutions!
I know that resolutions aren’t for everyone, but I urge you to give them a chance because they’re great for getting you moving in the right direction! If you’ve never made resolutions before, or you’ve had trouble sticking to them in the past, I’m here to help. Here are three New Year’s resolutions that will help you reach your goals for 2023 and beyond!
Resolution #1: Try something new every day.
Oh, those comfort zones—they’re just so … comfy. But are we really growing by constantly doing what feels familiar to us? Or is “comfort zone” just becoming another term for “no progress?”
If you really want to hit those lofty goals of yours, you have to get comfortable being uncomfortable—and that takes practice! Push yourself to try one new thing every day, whether big or small. Use my ideas or come up with new activities of your own!
- Visit a part of your city you’ve never been to before.
- Try out a new recipe (check out this post if you’re looking for healthy options).
- Volunteer with a local nonprofit.
- Give a compliment to a stranger.
- Pick up a new hobby. Photography, crafting, musical instruments—the options are endless.
Resolution #2: Plan out your week.
Time to get organized! It’s likely that you’ve got big, overarching goals for this year, but what about your goals for this week? How about your goals for today?
Make a commitment to sit down on Sunday nights and write out everything you have going on in the week ahead. Meetings, appointments, classes, kids’ schedules—don’t force yourself to try to keep track of it in your head. Get it all down on paper!
This should only take you 30 minutes at max, but it’ll ensure that you run your week, instead of letting your week run you. 👊
Resolution #3: Make your health a priority.
How can you expect to take care of others, let alone that giant to-do list waiting for you, if you’re not taking care of yourself? Don’t put your health on the backburner … make it a top priority. It’s never easy to start a new routine, so here are a few healthy habits to get you started:
- Drink water. Lots of it. Research shows that men should be drinking about 15.5 cups per day, while women should be drinking 11.5 cups.
- Take your vitamins (these are my Read this article for workout inspiration!
- Pack in your fruits, veggies, and protein. And avoid eating out as much as possible.
- Get enough sleep at night! Studies show adults need 7-9 hours nightly.
You’ve made your resolutions … now, keep them!
Don’t be that person who gets two weeks into their resolutions and then falls off—you’re better than that! To be completely honest, resolutions are tough and starting a new routine is never easy. But you just have to keep reminding yourself that what you want most is worth putting in the hard work today. Now, get out there and crush this year!
I want to see your biggest dreams become your reality in 2023! Read my post on setting goals and making them happen.